Wednesday 29 July 2015

Airy somethings.

Writing is such an odd business. On some days, I feel as if I am wading through mud. My addled brain has nothing of use in it. I write because I must write; it’s a job, and waiting for inspiration is no good at all.

29 July 1 4848x3197

On some days, my fingers move and my mind is leaping about, but I don’t really achieve anything. I’m just spinning my wheels.

And, on some glorious days, it all falls into place. The words are there, waiting for me. It’s as if someone has given me a Christmas present.

29 July 4 5184x3456

I have absolutely no idea where the good stuff comes from. It feels as if it has nothing to do with me, that I can’t even take credit for it. I am merely transcribing.

29 July 5 5184x3456

And as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet’s pen
Turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.

I have so much airy nothing. Sometimes it stays that way. Sometimes it does have a habitation, and a name.

29 July 2 5184x3456

1 comment:

  1. Finding words that have meaning for you and others is actually linked to certain hormones that enhance sociability during a cycle. Read that recently and experienced it too. You want to communicate or you don't. People receive the message or they don't care. I think for me reading a blog is a bit like seeing a person on filmscreen, I cannot hate a film character even if I know that someone is real.
    Greetings Christiane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin