Saturday 26 February 2011

No words

Posted by Tania Kindersley.

No words today. Have done some work, taken a walk with the Older Niece and The Man in the Hat, completed an overdue favour for my godson in Santa Monica, wondered whether tonight will be the night the oyster-catchers arrive. I hear rumours of them in Aberdeen. Can't write though; it's the end of a long week and my fingers have no strength left in them. So just some quick photographs for you.

Crocuses and snowdrops:

26TH fEB 1-1

26th Feb 8

26th Feb 8-1

Viburnum:

26th Feb 5

The dog of the Older Niece and the MITH, wet from the burn, with her tennis ball:

26th Feb 2

The Pigeon:

26th Feb 4

The Duchess:

26th Feb 6

And the hill:

26th Feb 1

7 comments:

  1. The pictures are magical. Do these flowers grow from bulbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect as ever. The verges here are *suddenly* awash with purple and yellow crocuses after a long period of claustrophobic, miserable weather and the hills permanently wreathed in mist, the fug is clearing.
    Anne.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures as we=ever - hope springs eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crocuses here are confused, to say the least. Only the really purple ones have pushed through.
    The (normally later) daffodils, on the other hand, are going bananas!
    We live at the top of a (tiny) hill and, usually, the bulbs bloom sooner down the block.
    Everything seems topsy turvy!
    Spring through the looking glass???

    Pat...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for these fabulous images - somehow this feels to me like the longest winter....just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad we get to talk to you on Sundays as well as during the week! And I hope the oyster catchers arrive soon, you're giving me hope for my own re-entry into the UK next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post card from Maine: Just spent 4 hours raking snow off the roof so ice dams don't form and cause ceiling leaks, chipping ice canals in the driveway so melting runoff doesn't flood the basement, and shoveling many feet of heavy, wet snow so the delivery guy can reach the intake tomorrow to fill the oil tank. And the first thing I see when I sit down to rest my tired, throbbing limbs is your photo of viburnum budding. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Only 2 or 3 months before it happens here. Oh well, I'll stop complaining, look at that photo one more time, and dream of spring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin