Friday 13 August 2010

Wow

Posted by Tania Kindersley.

You know I don't put up links that often on this blog. There are several reasons for this. One is that I am always worried they won't work, and you just get led to the internet equivalent of a dead end. Two is that I think that in the middle of a post they can arrest the reading experience. Three is that there are many bloggers out there who seem to have the magnificent power to cast their eyes over the whole webscape and find the best bits and give them to you; I am not of their number. Four is that, apart from the pictures of the dogs of course, this blog is mostly about the writing. Or at least that it what I think it is this week.

All of which is a long way of saying that links and videos are kept for very special occasions, when it is something so funny or astonishing or informative or plain strange that I just have to share with the group.

This one is from the magnificent Andrew Sullivan over at The Daily Dish. If you do not know about him, do go and have a look. I think he is doing something almost revolutionary, and he does it better than anyone else. He has a talent for finding what he calls the money quote, and often lets it stand without comment. We can all draw our own conclusions.

Something very strange is happening in certain parts of America at the moment. It grieves me, because I think it a magnificent country. People are just opening their mouths and saying the most perplexing, bizarre, through the looking glass things. (Yes, Mrs Palin, I'm talking to you.) If you want to find your own mouth falling open in cartoon shock, have a look at this:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/08/christianism-.html

3 comments:

  1. Mouth falling open in cartoon shock is exactly what happened. Wow. Indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mind truly boggles. This left me speechless particularly as someone with a substantial portion of Muslim (and axis of evil) heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself shocked speechless nearly every day. So discouraging. I truly thought that the world would progress daily toward peace and tolerance (what a Flower Child) and now it seems every day brings some new amazingly stupid outrage.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin