Tuesday 20 November 2012

Old school

Away for 48 hours. Should I take the computer with? There must be blogging, betting, tweeting, looking at all those nice pictures of horses on the Facebook. 48 hours without a computer means no emails, no nostalgic photographs of my old dogs, no gazing on the loveliness of Red the Mare. I can’t know what my friends are doing every minute of every day. I shall be unmoored, cut off from the world. I almost panic at the thought.

Then I think: bollocks to that. There is real life. I’m not humping round a slab of machinery simply so I can look at nice horse pictures. You, bold Dear Readers, shall bravely survive without me. If I miss an email, I miss an email.

I’m going old school. I am literally going to get on a train with a paperback book and a furled umbrella (the kind of black, gentleman’s article that you most often see in Pall Mall or Whitehall). I am going to give my poor brain a rest from the rushing ether of the internet. It’s practically a sociological experiment.

3 comments:

  1. We'll be here when you get back. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The withdrawal can be difficult -- but well worth it! (I know of what I speak....)
    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweet boy has been gone since last April and I still miss him terribly and I still cry. He was my constant companion. I understand your loss. There is always a very special dog in our lives we never get over, but the days it gets easier do get better. My best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin