Monday 23 September 2013

Day in brief.

Good day; bad day. Good news; bad news. Equine sweetness, ravishing Scottish sun, comedy from Stan the Man, 1069 words of book. Faint frets about all the things I faintly fret about. My mother is not as well as I would like, and I wish I could magic her better. Idiotic bet on what I thought was a Sir Michael Stoute sure thing. The great racing knight would surely not send a horse all the way to Hamilton unless it was nailed on? He lost in a photograph and I felt absurdly stupid. A bit of cooking, a bit of reading; sudden, streaming deadline panic. Where do the days go? I have no longer any temporal understanding at all. The hours swish by my nose with derisive speed; they do not care that I never have enough of them. I feel the twang and stretch of my brain as I attempt to comprehend and order all the things I must do.

Write this, in haste. Think, as always: it will be better tomorrow.

 

Today’s pictures:

23 Sept 1

23 Sept 2

23 Sept 3

23 Sept 4

23 Sept 4-001

23 Sept 5

23 Sept 5-001

Happy horses in the glorious evening light:

23 Sept 10

23 Sept 11

23 Sept 12

The hill in full panorama:

23 Sept 15

And standing alone, in all her majesty:

23 Sept 23

2 comments:

  1. Hurrrrahhhhhh! Beech Avenue! And I hope your mother gets well. And the deadline gets met. Tomorrow will be better.c L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do hope your mother is better soon, so worrying when they are under the weather. Loving the photos of Stan the Man and the horses rolling.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin